The Etobicoke Community Concert Band is a community-based concert band based in Etobicoke, a district in the west end of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 1995, the band is comprised of approximately 40 volunteer musicians.
Our Formal Concerts are in the Auditorium at Etobicoke Collegiate, 86 Montgomery Rd. at 8:00 p.m.
We look forward to seeing all of our loyal audience members, bring a family member or friend and introduce them to ECCB where we always play –
Great music…Right in your own backyard!
Your feedback means a lot to us, so if you have suggestions on the type of music you would like to hear, or have any recommendations please drop us a line.
Interested in playing with us? Read more about joining the band. We rehearse on Wednesday evenings from 7:30 – 10:00 p.m. at Etobicoke Collegiate from mid-September to mid-July.
ABOUT THE BAND
The Etobicoke Community Concert Band is the community-based concert band based in Etobicoke (a suburb of Toronto, Ontario, Canada). Founded in 1995, the band is comprised of approximately 40 volunteer musicians.
Band Mission Statement
The mission of the band is to enliven the spirit of the people of Etobicoke by providing high quality musical entertainment. The mission is accomplished by:
- Providing an opportunity for musicians from the community to practice and perform in a challenging and supportive ensemble environment with a goal of developing and enhancing the musical skills of individuals
- Meeting the needs of the community through public performances which
- present repertoire with wide appeal
- take place at a variety of locations throughout the community
- satisfy a variety of community-sponsored events
- Actively promoting Band events
- Continually seeking excellence as an organization
- Fostering and promoting a variety of ensembles to serve community needs
- Profiling and promoting professional guest artists
- Promoting Canadian composers and performers
- Collaborating with other local arts organizations
The band is governed by a board of directors. Board members are volunteers elected by band members at an annual general meeting.
Board of Directors
- President – Rob Hunter
- Althea Robinson – Vice-President (Front of House)
- Treasurer – Murray Lindo
- Secretary – Nyela d’Endel
- Director, Members/Audience Relations – Kaitlin Beard
- John E. Liddle – Artistic Director & Conductor
- Aki Suzuki – Concertmaster
The Etobicoke Community Concert Band was founded by a group of volunteer musicians who were interested in making concert band music an important part of their community. Working with a volunteer board and several community organizations the ECCB was founded in 1995. It was been a fixture of the Etobicoke community ever since.
Etobicoke Community Concert Band provides an opportunity for amateur musicians to perform diverse and entertaining repertoire ranging from swing, to jazz and from military brass to Broadway hits. In addition to the concerts performed at Etobicoke Collegiate, the band accepts invitations for other engagements and participates in a number of outreach activities.
Since 1996, members of the ECCB have come together to form the big band Etobicoke Swing Orchestra.
The Etobicoke Swing Orchestra is available to play at your next formal event. We offer a complete program of dance charts from the 1930s up to the 1980s in the Big Band format. Contact us via email at email@example.com or by telephone at 1-416-410-1570 for more information.
The Etobicoke Community Concert Band plays at a wide variety of concerts during its performance season.
- Formal Concerts Series – from September to May, the ECCB puts on four formal concerts each year, which are held in the Main Auditorium at Etobicoke Collegiate Institute. The band charges a modest admission charge, with free tickets for children under 12, and group discounts available.
- Community Outreach Concerts – throughout the year, the band puts on several concerts for residents of nursing homes and long term care facilities
- Community Events – the ECCB can often be heard playing at community events such as Canada Day Festivities and other municipal events.
- Applewood/Shaver Outdoor Concerts – As part of a 15 year tradition, the ECCB puts on three concerts each summer as part of free summer outdoor concerts season at Etobicoke’s Applewood/Shaver House.
View our Concert Calendar for a full list of our upcoming concerts and events.
As part of its concert season, the ECCB puts on four formal concerts each year. Concerts are typically held on Friday evenings at 8:00pm to 10:00pm at Etobicoke Collegiate Institute, 86 Montgomery Rd, Toronto, ON M9A 3N5 (unless otherwise noted).
2019/2020 Concert Series
Friday, Nov. 1, 2019 “Radio Days” with guest artist Alex Dean, saxophone
Friday, Dec. 20, 2019 “It’s a Wonderful Life in Etobicoke” with Harmony Singers of Etobicoke
Friday, March 27, 2020 ECCB 25th Silver Anniversary Gala
Friday, May 29, 2020 “Party for the Planet”
- Single Concert Ticket – $15
- Children under 12 – free
- Group of 10 or more – $10/ticket
- Yearly subscription (4 concerts) – $50
For tickets and more concert information, contact our box office at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (416) 410-1570.
Google Calendar – Schedule
Keep abreast of all of our upcoming performances by subscribing to our calendar. Add this to your blackberry, iPhone, Android or other smartphone, desktop calendar, tablet, or any other device or application that supports the iCal format. Click on the iCal link below.
Note the calendar below will scroll down, showing more upcoming events as you scroll down (and past events if you scroll up).
For a minimum annual donation of $50 per individual or $80 per family, members of our TOP BRASS Club enjoy the following privileges
- Reserved seating
- Pre-concert backstage receptions
- Invitation to our summer Gala
- and make a vital contribution to our music!
This season, please join our TOP BRASS Club!
The Etobicoke Community Concert Band has been in active in Etobicoke since 1995. We encourage you to take this opportunity to support a very important part of our community through our sponsorship programme. We offer three different levels of sponsorship, each of which allows you to support the band financially and to promote your business at the same time.
This sponsorship level consists of a $1,000.00 donation to the Etobicoke Community Concert Band. For this, you will have a full page advertisement in each programme of the concert season, identifying you as a Gold Sponsor. You will also receive four tickets to each of four consecutive concerts which can be given to your employees or clients as a promotion for your company. The ticket holders are invited to a back stage reception with the band and Top Brass members during the concert intermission.
This sponsorship level consists of a $750.00 donation to the Etobicoke Community Concert Band. For this, you will have a half page advertisement in each programme of the concert season, identifying you as a Silver Sponsor. You will also receive two tickets to each of four consecutive concerts which can be given to your employees or clients as a promotion for you company. The ticket holders are invited to a back stage reception with the band and Top Brass members during the concert intermission.
This sponsorship level consists of a $500.00 donation to the Etobicoke Community Concert Band. For this, you will have a quarter page advertisement in each programme of the concert season, identifying you as a Bronze Sponsor.
Strong wind and percussion musicians, interested in participating in a performance-oriented ensemble, are invited to contact the award-winning 40-piece Etobicoke Community Concert Band.
The band invites potential new members to participate in rehearsals from time to time during the season. We usually hold an “Open Rehearsal” each fall (date tba). You are invited to bring your instrument and join in. All instruments are welcome especially the following: flute, oboe, bassoon, bass clarinet, French horn, trombone, baritone/euphonium, string bass and tuba.
To RSVP or for more information, please call 416-410-1570 or email email@example.com
Please do not contact the school.
2019/2020 Weekly Rehearsals Calendar
Start date: Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019
End date: Wednesday, June 17 , 2020
Rehearsals begin at 7:30 and end at 10:00 pm — Please arrive by 7:15 pm to warm up.
Rehearsals are held on Wednesday evenings at Etobicoke Collegiate, 86 Montgomery Rd. in Music Room #100
The band is typically active all year, but usually takes a break during August.
Map to Etobicoke Collegiate, 86 Montgomery Rd., Etobicoke (Toronto), Ontario
The Etobicoke Community Concert Band can be contacted as follows:
Box Office (concert tickets):
Etobicoke Community Concert Band
2869 Bloor St. West Box 194
Etobicoke ON M8X 1B3
General Inquiries: 1 (416) 410-1570
Contact Person: Rob Hunter
Some other area community music groups:
- Etobicoke Philharmonic Orchestra – Etobicoke (Toronto), Ontario
- Etobicoke Youth Band – Etobicoke (Toronto), Ontario
- Festival Wind Orchestra – Etobicoke (Toronto), Ontario
- Malta Band Club – Toronto, Ontario
- Northdale Concert Band – North York (Toronto), Ontario
- North Toronto Community Band – Toronto, Ontario
- North York Concert Band – North York (Toronto), Ontario
- Silverthorn Symphonic Winds – Thornhill (Toronto), Ontario
- Toronto Concert Band – Etobicoke (Toronto), Ontario